Warrior Built 2.0 – 1/2 Way Update
So Saturday past was the 1/2 way point of my 6 week Warrior Built challenge. Andy informed me Saturday that everyone is making awesome gaines and that few of the guys are really taking things to another level so it’s time I try to step things up a notch!
Things are going great so far but with 3 weeks left I am really need to step things up to get under 180 lb (which was my goal).
Saturday i was in Halifax and couldn’t make the workout but even while in Halifax i ate clean 90% of the time (not an easy task), and hit the gym for 2 awesome workouts hitting cardio, circuit weight training & stretching so I could keep on pace. (One thing i noticed is it’s amazing how airport food is CRAP and eating good healthy food is hard to do!) Tim Hortons Fruit Explosion dounuts are not “HEALTHY” LOL.
But now I need to take things to another level and here is how I plan on doing this.
- Bump up my steady state cardio adding in 45min min for 6 days a week (it’s boring but it helps and doesn’t cause soreness, if anything it helps me recover)
- Adding in Tabata Cardio 3 days a week (A blog post coming on this soon) basic premise is HIT cardio like this Sprint for 20 seconds, rest for 10, repeat 8-10 times.
- Cut carbs back even lower. I will try to have them only every 2nd to 3rd morning and only post workout. My carbs will be mixed berries & banana post workout.
- Bump my fish oils to about 30g a day.
- Bump my general energy expenditure (more walks, more movement, just generally move more…sounds funny but it works)
- Miss NO WORKOUTS
So I have less than 3 weeks and my goal is going to get done! When I finish this I am going to enjoy 1 day of food and get my junk and cheating done and go right back to clean eating as to be honest I am loving it! Energy is better, mood is better, my recovery & strength is down but low carbohydrates will do that. The good thing is once I reach the leanness I want I can ADD more good carbohydrates back into my diet and I can maintain the level of bodyfat without as much “work”.
Ill have another update next week. We have pro MMA fighter & UFC competitor Jeff Joslin in for 3 days for training & seminars so I will get some crazy workouts in for next week and post it up!