I love almond milk!
But I am not a big milk drinker. I usually don’t recommend my clients drink milk but to each their own. I enjoy milk in my coffee and my protein shakes, but to actually drink a lot of milk I usually don’t bother.
However have come across something that has made my protein shakes and coffee even better!
Yes Almond Milk. Milk from Almonds. I know, it sounds funny, and I was very skeptical, that was until I tried it. I LOVE IT. And on top of tasting better than normal milk it is a LOT better for you. I won’t get into the specifics too much but here is an overview.
Nutrition Facts About Almond Milk
- Almond milk is packed with unsaturated fat, which means that it can reduce the risk of heart disease.
- A good source of magnesium, almonds can help to break down the food we eat into energy. It can also help in the functioning of the parathyroid glands, which produce hormones that are known to be good for bone health.
- Almonds are rich in manganese, selenium and Vitamin E. Vitamin E is an antioxidant that protects the cell membranes. Selenium is good for our immune system; it helps in reproduction, and in the metabolism of thyroid. It also prevents cell damage as well as tissue damage.
- Almond Milk contains Manganese which can activate the enzymes in the body.
- Almond skins are a good source of flavonoids, which are good for cardiovascular health. They can protect your heart from various heart diseases.
- Since almonds have a lot of protein, they help the body with growth and repair. It is also a great way to boost your daily carbohydrate intake. An ounce of this nut can provide the body with about 12% of its protein needs.
- Manganese and phosphorous can keep teeth and bones healthy.
- The potassium content in almonds can help with the heart function and maintain normal blood pressure
- Healthy, tasty and flavorful, a glass of almond milk is just the thing for everyone. Whether you have lactose intolerance or not, almond milk is still a great food product to dig into!
The only drawback I see with Almond Milk is that it is low in Calcium.
I highly recommend Almond Milk.
I love it, and the Chocolate Almond Milk is AMAZING!!!!
Almond Milk + Myofusion Protein = Amazing!