I remember seeing Grapple Grips in a martial arts magazine about a year ago. I remember thinking when I saw them “Man, I need to order those, they would be cool to train with.”
Time passed, I never ordered them and I somewhat forgot about them.
Then about a month ago I was in California for seminars. I was at a friend’s house, John Spencer Ellis (dude is a genius), aand we were there for a work party (aka drinking and talking about fitness). He showed us his home gym in his garage.
As soon as I walked in, I was floored. It was just incredible. He had so many cool training gadgets and toys…I was like a kid in a candy store.
One of the fitness tools he had was Grapple Grips. I got to play with them and then I realized just how damn awesome they are.
I emailed Grapple Grips, placed my order and got them for Heavyweights Training Center.
After using them for a week or so, now I can honestly they are even BETTER than I thought they were going to be for many reasons.
But first what are Grapple Grips?
Grip Training System – Provides Enduring Grip Strength:
– Enhances neuro-muscular grip strength performance
– Increases your grip strength while doing your favorite exercises
– Prevents grip strength fatigue by increasing grip strength endurance
– Special designed carabiner clip to attach almost anywhere
– Attaches to all cable cable pulley systems
– Excellent for home or martial art studios
After playing around with them myself, I have also found the following:
– Less joint pain in the shoulders, wrists, and back compared to normal grip pull-ups and chin-ups
– Improved grip strength (in one week)
– Reduction of bicep tendonitis (I think because the line of pull is more “natural” than normal chin-ups)
– Surprisingly girls are very strong on these. I think the natural grip and pull makes it easier (Here is one of my clients Deanne hitting a Grapple Grip pull-up during one of my classes, NOT EASY).
I have to say that I love using Grapple Grips, and I plan to use them a LOT more in all my pull training, grip work and more.
Here are some videos of a few exercises I did to show you the Grapple Grips in use:
I love this product and highly recommend them. You can check them out at www.GrappleGrip.com