What an incredible weekend we had having Julia Ladewski at Heavyweights Training Center for a two day seminar.
Julia is an incredible athlete, coach, and just an amazing person.
We have been discussing this for almost two years now and it was amazing to finally be able to bring her all the way to Newfoundland for a two day seminar.
I met Julia at Martin Rooney’s Training For Warriors Level 1 Certification in Indiana, we have remained friends since then and I promised that some day I would bring her to Heavyweights Training Center.
This weekend it finally happened.
Over the two days Julia covered a wide variety of topics in the seminar such as myths about women and strength training, nutrition for performance and fat loss, power lifting, bodybuilding, and much more.
In the gym she went over powerlifting exercises hands on with the Squat, Conventional Deadlift, Sumo Deadlift and Bench Press.
There were many personal bests and some big lifts by all that attended.
Here is some feedback from some of our members who attended.
I made some notes from the weekend and I wanted to share with you 10 Things I Learned From Julia Ladewski.
Top 10 Lessons From Julia Ladewski
1. Mainstream view of women’s training usually is a Workout to “Lose”Method.
– We eat less
– We exercise more
But it doesn’t work that way.
2. Eat For Fuel
Eat For Performance
Train to do/be more not LESS
3. It’s always good to have a goal. When training for something you have more purpose. You will miss less workouts, eat better and push harder.
4. Females have a tendancy to be stronger on sumo deadlifts.
Trying them may feel different at first but stick with them and give it a try.
5. Upper Back Strength is key for a good squat. Learn to keep your upper back tight & Arch.
6. Women are caught in a downward spiral
Women should get Stronger. – – – Stronger = Being able to do more work
More work = More Metabolically Demanding
Metabollically demanding = Fitter & leaner
Each One Of These Builds On The Other
7. There is a difference between an exercise and a lift.
A “lift” is something like a squat, deadlift, bench press. An exercise is hitting a bodypart like a bicep curl.
8. HIT Cardio on a spin bike/airdyne is very beneficial for fat loss.
9. Listen and have faith in your coach.
Along with a ton of knowledge bombs we got to spend two afternoons getting coached in the Squat, Deadlift & Bench Press.
Here are a few clips from Julia.
As well we got to lift some Heavy Weights which of course made our amazing weekend even better.
Overall it was an amazing weekend. Thank you to Julia Ladewski for coming here. It’s my goal to bring the BEST to Heavyweights Training Center and Newfoundland.